Monday, January 31, 2011

Travelogue or memoir? You decide.

Three Weeks with My Brother
Click the title to go directly to the website.

My current read is becoming one of my favorites.  I'm a huge Nicholas Sparks fan and have read most of his books.  My first was The Notebook and most recent was The Last Song.  In fact, looking at his official website, I think I've read them all.  Certainly I have them all in the library.  Most are books that I purchased, read, then donated.  Can't have a high school library without some of the current bestsellers sitting on the shelves!   If you haven't picked up a book by Sparks, you need to give him a read.  If you have even a piece of a heart thumping in your chest, you'll find yourself tearing up at least once.

As for Three Weeks, I'm about half way through.  Though I normally devour books, I've decided to savor this one just a little and am forcing myself to read it slowly.  The travelogue portion of each chapter is fascinating but I am especially enjoying the personal stories.   It's interesting to learn about a favorite author.

No comments: